Sinister: Le Pastie

Thaian N Ton thaiant at xxx.gov
Thu Mar 12 18:27:45 GMT 1998

Hello Listies,

i have finally waded through all the posts from the past week and have
had a thought about Le Pastie .. .  As I was singing it, maybe (thought
i) what was meant was a *pastille*, instead of a pastie.  then i'd guess
it'd be like a mint/fruit drop which might make sense.  anyway, maybe
not.  (a fruit drop of the bourgeois?)  help me out francophiles?

until later that post i, bravely before the dc wind go i...
thaian
(stinky monchichi)
******************************

                                Pictures to the Wall
                             by Langston Hughes

                             Shall I tell you of my old, old dreams
                             Lost at the earth's strange turnings,
                             Some in the sea when the waves foamed high,

                             Some in the garret candle's burnings?

                             Shall I tell you of bitter, forgotten
dreams--
                             You who are still so young, so young?
                             You with your wide brown singing eyes
                             And laughter at the tip of your tongue.

                             Shall I tell you of weary, weary dreams--
                             You who have lost no dreams at all,
                             Or shall I keep quiet and let turn
                             My ugly pictures to the wall?