Sinister: 159 hours

Amanda Bergman a-bergman at xxx.edu
Fri Mar 13 07:02:59 GMT 1998

until I leave for the UK! yay!
and I always thought I was bad at math...

but speaking of numbers, today is my dad's birthday! Big Art is turning a
ripe old 47! (that's about 410,592 hours, according to my calculations) So
it's Friday the thirteenth *and* a full moon, apparently. Maybe all of
these circumstances had a bearing on yesterday's chat? Some kind of cosmic
thing? Anyway, my dad seems to be under the impression that the best way to
avoid bad luck on Friday the 13th when there's a full moon is to burn socks
on a mountaintop. So I think tomorrow I shall round up all the olive green
argyles I can find and head to...wait, there are no mountains here in the
flat American midwest. Perhaps someone can ascend a Scottish summit for me
and do the honors vicariously...?

(oh, in other Big Art Bergman news, my dad has officially been inititated
into the wide world of chat, so if you run into him there, please be
friendly!)

More specifically B&S related content: one highlight of the chat for me
(aside from Stuart David's incessant sarcasm and abrupt departure, of
course) was the acknowledgement that "Lonliness of the Middle Distance
Runner" will appear on one of the upcoming releases. That song is so
incredibly beautiful. Is anyone else as smitten with it as I am?

the HoneyTiger wrote:

>I will sOon pack up my bags and sail east, a bright new future
>in showbiz awaiting, armed only with my copy of Tigermilk in
>my handbag and fiddling with the clasps on my catsuit.
>Who'll buy my video?

well, given his penchant for stimulating entertainment on video (Columbo,
anyone?) and his strange fascination with all things "exotic," I would
venture to say that Stuey D would be a prime candidate.
Susannah, what do you think?

time to "get to my kip," then.
(I am learning the native lingo...)

bye bye,
CinderSwan Bergman
(who hopes that MysticTag's fairytale premonitions come true!)

Amanda Bergman
Northwestern University
a-bergman at nwu.edu

"And like a fool, I walked away and left them my beautiful swan."

--Charles Bukowski