Sinister: B&S gig stuff etc.

Jeepster Recordings Ltd jeepster.uk at xxx.net
Fri Mar 13 15:00:23 GMT 1998

plaird wrote:

> I suppose this is aimed at Katrina:

well i had better respond then hadn't i! :)

> Have B&S been asked to play T in the Park, or have they
> any thoughts on the subject?

i don't know if they have been asked or not, but seeing as the festival
is the 11th and 12th of July, they will still be in rehearsals for the
forthcoming autumn gigs and therefore unable to play!  also, the band
have always said they don't really want to play festivals either, so i
think it would be very unlikely if they did.

> So are they only going to play when they release something
> and stick to their rather unusual choice of venues?.

Funny you should mention this one actually ... anyone who was in on
yesterday's chat would have heard the band members talking about the
gigs they are planning to do late summer/autumn.  over August, September
and October Belle and Sebastian plan to play dates in England, Wales,
Ireland, Northern Europe and along the East Coast of the US. At this
point, nothing is definite and the band have only just started looking
into venues and dates, so please don't hassle either them or me for more
information! :)  Also, anyone upset that the above does not mention
dates for Southern Europe and the West Coast of the US, please don't
fret, just stay tuned, as you won't be left out.  Again, all of this
planning is in the very first stage (ie, it was only decided a couple of
days ago) and as i know more definite details, i will pass them on.
Promise!!! :)  With regards to the unusual choice for venues, again i
don't know, but i don't think they'll stray much from the norm.

See my next mail to disappoint anyone who has booked holidays in Spain!

Cheers,
Katrina. (keeping you updated!)