Sinister: Later.......

lee.whitehead ha5lwh at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 13 17:27:17 GMT 1998

So the Jools Holland show did`nt come of, shame. I would have loved to see
the big jam thing they do at the start..... picture the scene: Metallica to the
left, the Wu-Tang Clan to the right. Jools himself sets the ball rolling
with one of his honky tonk/jazzy/muso (yawn) piano riffs, then James
Hetfield and the Metallica lads go absolute ape shit and their
plectrums begin to melt....meanwhile our heroes look at each other
with puzzled expressions....it`s the Wu`s turn to join in and the D.J.
fellow drops in a phat beat (yeahh man, I know all the lingo!).....the
studio audience smile and some even clap in time! the rest just look
pretty.....the camera pans over to Belle and Sebastian,
you can tell from Stuart`s expression that he wishes they`d decidied to
go with that O-zone idea, but it`s too late now. Belle and Sebastian
begin to join in with the honky tonk/thrash/hip-hop noise that now
fills the studio.....and if you strain your ears really hard you just
might make out the delicate strumming of an acoustic guitar and a
single organ tradgically lost in all the chaos of rock and roll......Jools
is told by the director to wind it up, he begins to implement the outro......
it all falls quiet (that is after a 5 minute drum solo from the Metallica
sticks man, accompanied by some impromtuo break dancing from Celine Dion,
who`s also there).......hmmmm i can now see why they did`nt do the show, but
it would have made great television!