Sinister: chat moans - i'm sorry but....poo.

Honey honey at xxx.net
Fri Mar 13 18:38:40 GMT 1998

> The few times the band answered a question, whoever asked it seemed to
> lost their voice in #jeepster and bythe time could type followup in
> #sinister - the plot had been lost again.

Oops - sorry.  All I can say is it was a horror to balance between
long delays as the band didn't seem to want to answer some questions
and just stayed silent instead of declining (a decent response to
some of the questions, not I thought to others), and a deluge of
questions and follow-ups all on top of each other which confused the
participants as they're new to this.  It was very hard making sure
everyone had a decent say, but at the same time that everyone who
wanted had a go.  Sorry if anyone felt shut out, it wasn't
intentional.  I also spilt crisps all over the floor.

> If we want any decent answers, i just don't think IRC is the way we're
> going to get them. one simple reason is that it would simply take too
> long to type.

Maybe you're right.  The band were very new to the format and I tried
to encourage some contact on IRC before but I only ever saw Stuart
and Stuart online.  I think this was a lot of the problem.  What are
"decent answers" though and will you get them in any format - it's
sometimes a feature of people, not things.  Some will say the whole
thing was too formal, some not formal enough.  The free-for-all in
the middle had the band screaming for the room to be closed again,
but at the end with Sarah it was fine.

Maybe they'll come off and on IRC now they've tried it, in which case
fine as long as no-one treats them as anything more than another
person in the room.  Remember the list and the IRC room are for YOU.

> And the time was awkward, 2pm.....afternoon for the meeja i can
> understand, but were there actually any REAL meeja people there?

It's not obvious but I doubt it - maybe Katrina knows.  But the
timeslot was also for the *band* who said they couldn't get into the
office later on.  They were washing their hair.

Honey xxx

P.S. Quick thankyou to all the ops though and david and katrina who
were stars.