Sinister: Crush me

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 13 15:56:37 GMT 1998

Just saw this thing on the news at lunchtime thought people might find quite
funny. The British Government's just come up with a cracking new scheme to
get people to pay their road tax (for the benefit of countries that don't do
road tax, it's to pay for new roads etc.). They've started this pilot scheme
in London whereby if you persist in not paying road tax, they just take your
car away and crush it! So there's this guy on the 1o'clock news standing in
front of a file of 400 crushed cars which was well funny.
    I'm all for a few more comedy laws like that to be passed. Perhaps if
you don't pay your council tax they could knock your house down - just as
well the poll tax doesn't exist any more otherwise they'd have to employ
snipers to take out citizens.

Cheers,
    Keith.