Sinister: books and such

nmacfarl at xxx.MacFarlane nmacfarl at xxx.MacFarlane
Fri Mar 13 21:16:43 GMT 1998

From: TonyK <college at xxx.com>, on 3/13/98 3:23 PM:
One of the best books I've ever read has to be A Prayer for Owen Meaney
by John Irving. For some reason it strikes me as very Belle&Sebastian,
there is a certain magic to it and a poetry that is enough to bring one
to tears on occasion. It's a bit longish but well worth it. For
something a might more disturbing (and consequently less B&S) try Geek
Love by Katherine Dunne. Very strange story but a good read nonetheless.

I have to say Geek Love is one of my favorite books of all time! I would
also recommend The Wasp Factory by Ian Banks or Perfume by Patrick Suskind
for those who like strange.

Natalie
Original Text