Sinister: Country

Landmine 9 Landmine9 at xxx.com
Sat Mar 14 05:44:23 GMT 1998

<< There is nothing interesting about the music, lives or personal mores of

 the like of George Jones, Hank Williams, Willie Nelson. Ernest Tubb,
 Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Jerry Jeff
 Walker, Townes Van Zandt, Dolly Parton, Iris DeMent, Junior Brown,
 Alison Kraus, David Munyon, Richard Buckner and loads of other n'er do
 owts. >>

turt is bang on here.  you can find  records by these people most of the time
for really cheap, and if you'll listen, they will change you. as far as new
stuff,  the saddest songs I've heard in a while are being done by a "band"
called Songs:Ohia.  Songs and emotions that sound like they are from a long
time ago.  acoustic guitar, brush drums sometimes, sax occasionally,
heartbreaking vocals.  they have a couple of records on Secretly Canadian.