Sinister: no B&S content (just a bit, in fact)

st�phane buron sburon at xxx.fr
Sat Mar 14 18:57:20 GMT 1998

Lucy wrote :
> Frente also did Bizarre Love Triangle I believe I am right in saying.

First, you have the most beautiful name in the world (don't repeat this,
jon, please...) And you're right, it's one of the best covers of this
song (i mean, the BLT sung by Frente, not your name). The cover of True
Faith by the Boo Radleys is a bit noisy (!!!), but not bad neither.

Then, On Fri, 13 Mar 1998 vlass at interlog.com wrote:

> i have the next week off from school and i want to go down to the library to
> get some new books to read.. i was wondering if you sinisters have any good
> recommendations for me.. im in the mood for a book with a belle and
> sebastian type story - about love and obsessions and average events that are
> not-so-average when looked at closely.. something similar to the beautiful,
> beautiful "belle lettres" from the tangents ezine... or just send me any
> sort of book list!

Maybe you could go and have a look at the archives on Paul's site (i
think) : anyway, i could advise The House of Sleep, by Jonathan Coe,
Whit by Iain Banks, and the biography of Nick Drake. These books are the
best and the most "Belle&Sebastianesque" i've read in the last few
months... And all of them were advised by listees (except one, but it
was almost the same, thanks jon!!!)

And about this chat stuff, i couldn't participate and dont know whether
it was fast/slow/disappointing for the chatters (is it the word?), but
reading the text after the chat was very funny. I understood nothing but
at least had a good laugh!!!

Stéphane