Sinister: Stereolab

Schaffenberger kschaffe at xxx.edu
Mon Mar 16 00:00:03 GMT 1998

On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Pat Gay wrote:

> > I thinnk that anyone who could come up with the idea of an international
> > colouring contest has to be acknowledged as a genius.
>
> Stereolab no come up with idea. Lucia Pamela come up with idea.

That's really funny to me.  When my friend sent me a mix tape a few years
ago, I refused to listen to the Stereolab song on it because of its
title.  It was, incidentally, International Colouring Contest.  A few
years later, I've seen the band twice, collected hard-to-find EPs and
singles, acquired some memorbilia, but, for some reason, the title of
that song still irks me.

-Kristen