Sinister: The Beta Band

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Mon Mar 16 09:43:22 GMT 1998

Saw the Beta Band at La Belle Angele on Saturday night and they were
absolutely excellent, totally brilliant and I'd recommend anyone who's even
slightly interested to go and see them if they're on nearby. Miles better
than their records - which are not bad by any means, they kicked total ass
with the most incredible rhythm section I've ever seen. We thought they'd be
a total shambles, but they were ace. The crowd was really up for it too,
which is kind of odd for Edinburgh with the bloke meekly saying "Have you
all come to see us?" (cause there's a club on later), so I guess they can't
have had that great a reception in other places.

Cheers,
    Keith.