Sinister: Bandits, etc

Ruth McCurry 100670.3522 at xxx.com
Mon Mar 16 16:49:53 GMT 1998

Keith is a bit harsh on the BMX Bandits.

They have some lovely - if slightly silly - songs.

OK there are some downright bad ones as well, but few bands can match the
sheer bathetic majesty of Top Shop Girl (to be found on the C86 album). I
don't really know what bathetic means, but it's a beautiful word.

Saw Guy Chadwick on Friday night at the Garage in London. Most of his solo
stuff was dull, but he did three cool old ones: I Don't Know Why I Love
You, The Girl with the Boniest Thighs, and The Eagles and Ramones.  It must
be rather sad to get huge roars of approval for your old band's stuff and
only polite applause for your new songs.

Mind you, he didn't seem too bothered.

Lots of love,

Pocketbook David