Sinister: i'll admit i'm feeling strange

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Tue Mar 17 06:30:47 GMT 1998

good morning sinisterines (and good evening insomniacal americans)

just a few things to say based on alot of random stuff on the list.  like
matt, i recently purchased another beanie baby, string bean jean.  i figure
that i'm going for the quartet, with judy and jenny.  right now, i also
have jane, which was a gift.  i am a little frightened at having crossed
that border where i actually bought a beanie baby, but alas, she's so cute
frowning at me from on top of the monitor that i can't repent.  jane is
still my favorite (though don't tell jean) due to her little smile, that
looks like a kitty smile.  and only a kitten would give that smile, as any
self-respecting cat would back away.  and matt, thank you for exiting the
closet on the beanie baby issue.  it's good to no longer be alone in the
public eye.  (if brian wrote, he would admit that he got a fox which he
thought of as the fox in the snow, but he'll probably beat me for even
saying that much, he's very violent you know).

on the topic of stephin merritt and the magnetic fields, i have a web page
for the band at:

http://www.dissemination.com/megan/magneticfields/

i'm actually in the process of updating it, but it works pretty well
anyway.  and i know there are other (rather quiet) people on the list who
know alot about the band.  but they're definitely brilliant and i'd
recommend them to b&s fans, i definitely see a similarity.

i thought the chat went pretty well all things considered.  and it probably
is true that the ops weren't as organized as we could have been, but i'm
curious as to how many people read the instructions.  alot of people seemed
to have absolutely no clue how to navigate the irc, though i didn't realize
this until afterwards.  (yes, i am an op).  but really, paul spent all this
time putting up very clear instructions, and the chat was announced
repeatedly weeks beforehand, so i'd really suggest using that as
preparation time.  i don't want to get into a fight about this, i know that
individual people probably had unexpected problems or were prevented from
preparing, but next time, at least send a private mesage to the ops, or
even a public one if you're really having a problem.  so much free time
left me with too much time to contemplate not so witty remarks to make in
sinster, which probably made honey a bit nervous.  i'm so unpredictable you
know....  ;)

also, i'm thinking of planning a new york picnic, perhaps in april.  i'd
like to know how many people would be interested in attending.  please
email me privately about this, because i'm sure the glasgowegians don't
need to see 60 (or 5) replies with simply:  me.  ;)  i haven't played on
the swings in central park since last fall.  and i'd be willing to bring my
roller skates and a tape player.  skating to tigermilk anyone?

xox
megan

mkl206 at is8.nyu.edu

visit the magnetic fields web page at: