Sinister: BMX

st�phane buron sburon at xxx.fr
Tue Mar 17 12:08:19 GMT 1998

Someone wrote :

>Keith is a bit harsh on the BMX Bandits.
They have some lovely - if slightly silly - songs.

Well, i dont know what to think... A few months ago, i bought a record
by the BMX Bandits because many people had mentionned this band on the
list and because one track is included in the Montecarlo comp (Elefant
Records), and it's great. So i bought a live cd, the BMX at the 13th
Note (i thought it would be a good introduction to the band and their
lovely songs). But when i came back home, i realised that it was Kim
Fowley AND the BMX Bandits. They seem to have fun on the stage together,
but their music is shite. Really. If anyone of this list wants this CD,
i can send it to him/her... But maybe it doesnt sound like the original
BMX songs. Maybe it's because of this guy, Kim Fowley. Could anyone
DESCRIBE their music instead of saying its's shite/it's ace???

Thanks

Stephane

PS : i'm looking forward to read the book written by the Duke... When
will it be released???