Sinister: cackpop & other stuff

afoley at xxx.com afoley at xxx.com
Tue Mar 17 11:07:15 GMT 1998

Debbie aka AlanPrior at compuserve.com wrote:
>- --Adrian Evans went to see the Montrose Avenue on Saturday...Hmmmm.
>
>Just one word of warning, popkids: they've got the ex-drummer out of
>Menswear in them. Not good enough for Menswear? I think that says it all,=
>
>really...
>
>Debbie xxx.
Strike me down but Menswe at r aint that bad, surely not?  For a cackpop band,
I thought they were pretty good. They haven't gone away either, they'll be
back very soon, so you have been warned.....If you want real cackpop then
see Hanson....

What else....Saw Bluetones last night and very good they were too, Regular
Fries were um, err, quite interesting, certainly different.  A bit too much
like Spiritualized at times, but they were totally M.A.F. and nowhere near
as classy. I missed Medal though, which was a bit of a shame as I like to
support our local bands....
Speaking of which, Animal House were outstandingly good on Saturday night,
you'll definitely be hearing a lot about this band in the coming year,
'nuff
said.

Books and stuff....
Quite a few people have recommended John Irvings Prayer For Owen Meaney,
and I wholeheartedly add to that - it's a great book.  Other books by John
Irving worth checking out are Setting Free The Bears and The World
According
to Garp.  And there's more. He is a great author, so do check him out!
Another fine book is Kiss Of The Spiderwoman by Manuel Puig.  I could write
some more, but my heads a mess and I must get on....

Kylie