Sinister: mark radcliffe

C Browning C.Browning-95 at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 17 16:35:05 GMT 1998

ahhhh - the mark radcliffe graveyard slot. i think if many fans of belle and
sebastian out there were to say where they first heard of them mr radcliffe
would get one of the majority mentions. he's better in the afternoon than he
was in the morning (not hard but then again every Radio One dj seems to be bad
on the morning show. except for chris moyles who seems desperate to be fired
and that kind of death wish makes for entertaining listening)

anyway yeah sorry rambling. mark radcliffe's show introduced me to about 80%
of my record collection. new stuff, obscure stuff, old stuff - i mean i hated
a lot of the stuff he played and he hated a lot of teh stuff i played but it
was kind of the on-air equivalent of those days when you go round your mates
house and play ecords at each other trying desperatelt to prove whose record
taste is best. like this mailing list can be at the best of times (still not
sure about this day of anarchy - i think i'm busy. maybe we could all open our
diaries and find when we're all free like the picnics?~) and for that
radcliffe will always have a place with john peel in the radio station of
heaven. the man was - at his best (and that was truly something at times) - a
wonder.

anyway poignant reminiscences over - i've got a dissertation to write!

chris