Sinister: Hello all

Caz hiv95352 at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 17 20:18:45 GMT 1998

Hi peeps,

Hmmm. I don't know whether I'm new or not... I used to post when the
list was first set up, so I suppose a couple of people might remember
me. I stopped when people got *too* upset about off-topic stuff,
because, I might as well warn you now, I'm very bad at staying on topic.

But I kept reading the digests (well, occasionally) and now I'm back
because you lot are just too damn interesting not to reply to.

Or something.

>There has been much discussion about the BMX Bandits in
>the recent past (perhaps someone from B&S has some connection?).

No-one seems to have mentioned yet (as I said, I'm on the digest - I
tend to get a little behind) that Douglas from the BMXs compered the
Longest Day festivally thing with B&S, V-twin etc last summer...my bmx
bandits knowledge though is limited to a copy of a single...i can't even
remember what the single is but it's got That Summer Feeling on it, I
think. I quite like it, but not enough to go out and look for any more
of their stuff.

Rod said:
>I saw them at last year's Planet Pop festival (supported
>by the incredible Secret Goldfish),

Yay! They are great, aren't they? Though I was a bit upset when I
discovered that Give him a Great Big Kiss was a cover. Still, its better
than the original, so that's ok...

but then he said (about the Bluetones):
>Saw them live at T in the Park in '96, and your
>blokes voice was TERRIBLE.

which is a *bad* thing, because it means he wasn't watching the Divine
Comedy, which is what he should have been doing at that time.

>The Gigolo
>aunts were never particularly good, but just straight-forward power pop
>youd be likely to hear in the early 90's.  For lack of knowing better, >I always thought they were great.

They did "Where I Find My Heaven", the theme to Game On (which doesn't
stop it being a great tune...), its on Shine something. Shine 2, I
think.

Just to catch up..
Book Recommendations: Anything by AS Byatt.
Verdict on Menswear: Quite good, really. "Stardust" popped up in a pub
quiz i was at the other week too....
Porn Star name: Smudge Oliver (er....)

thats it...

love and stuff