Sinister: Band chat etc

S.K. Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 17 20:36:20 GMT 1998

Reading the log of the chat the other day, and Stuart D's contribution in
particular, I'm reminded of a song from Lush's last album:
"Keep your heroes, keep them safe
 They don't stand up to life
 So lock them in your heart and lose the key"
Can't remember the song title now, it'll bug me all night, but never
mind...

The point is, I guess most people on this list have some sort of idea of
what B&S are like in person; almost certainly the kind of people we would
want to meet. But most of us are almost certainly wrong. That's why, much
as I would like to know everything that goes on in B&S, in a way I'm glad
that I don't know them; as it would ruin the image I have of them in my
mind. Reading the posts these last few days, some people seem genuinely
surprised that Stuart D wasn't the friendliest person on the planet that
afternoon; why? The band members are just human beings like the rest of
us. I dare say a lot of people would get pissed off about being asked
things like who they think of when they wank... Sure, the chat was a great
oppurtunity to get those factual questions answered (like, when are they
going to tour) and to a large extent that happened; but you're expecting
too much if you think you'll get to know them personally from one or two
questions.

Stuart

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?