Sinister: help! in need of some musical guidance

TFertig3 TFertig3 at xxx.com
Tue Mar 17 20:29:23 GMT 1998

hello,
           Before joining this list, I knew of few (but good) musical groups.
i prided myself in my good musical tastes, and believed that was as good as it
got. however, i now realize that there is so much that i haven't heard! all
the discussion/comments/etc. on people like nick drake and bands like the
trembling blue stars and magnetic fields are just a bit overwhelming for me. i
just can't even begin to imagine all the great music that is flowing around
nearby that i have not yet heard! i have seen albums by these artists, and i
would like to purchase them, but i just don't know which albums are good.
basically, i just wanted some idea of what are the best albums by the best
music groups. since you all like belle and sebastian, i suppose you must share
some of the musical tastes as i do... any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
       tami