Sinister: no contiene nada de Belle y Sebastian, lo siento

Honey honey at xxx.net
Wed Mar 18 11:14:23 GMT 1998

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, ELIZABETH DAPLYN wrote:

> 	Should I get And She Closed Her Eyes by Stina Nordenstam?  I
> listened to Little Star last night and realised again how much I love
> that song.
> Oh what a dilemma...

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes get them all they are wonderful

In a moment of madness I was thinking of setting up one more mailing
list even though this one is sometimes a pain in the bum (babies
anyone?) and that would be for Stina.  She is my star, my goddess, the
icing on my cake.  Her songs are quite nice too.

B&S peripheral content and sound of a trumpet being blown briefly: I
wandered into chat.msn.co.uk last night and watched two online chats,
with Ash and Courtney Pine.  Now I think ours was bloody brilliant.
Answers to questions came in at about one every 3-4 minutes and some
were just ignored - the silences were like entering Dante's Inferno.
Ash wandered off without saying goodbye or answering the last
question.  Courtney was 45 mins late and stayed for 25 minutes and
then left unexpectedly.  All this with an interviewer fielding the
questions rather than letting us talk direct, so there was no feeling
of contact.

Maybe essexdog is right: IRC just isnt suitable for this.  But it's
all we've got.  The Kevin Shields AOL chat shows questions formally
put by an interviewer and answered in an ordered way - frankly very
much like an NME interview but with a brain, but presumably with
questions asked beforehand by fans?  B&S were never on for this: they
specifically didn't want an "interview" - and they, like us on our
side, decide how they talk to us.  As essexdog says in another post
re. the Big Poof debate of 1998: "If B&S want to dispel such
aspertions, all they have to do is deny them. But they won't. And why
should they. It's a LARF, innit? EH??!"

Honey xxx