Sinister: We're only making plans for Northy

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Wed Mar 18 15:07:25 GMT 1998

>daydreamer sounds NOTHING like XTC! at all! dull flat monotonous are not
the
>hallmarks of either colin moulding or andy partridge's songs. i have
nothing
>against menswe at r as a whole but please don't liken them to XTC or i'll cry.
>blur are the only band who've evr had the guts to admit to being inspired
by
>swindon's finest anyway. and nothing they've done - yet - has matched the
>works of XTC
>
>sorry i'm getting off my hobby horse now. apologies to all...
>
>chris

Yes indeed I would agree, I cannot see any comparison between Menswear and
XTC at all. Wire yes, in fact Daydreamer is almost exactly the same as
"Practice makes perfect", except of course that has nowhere near the style
that Wire have. Chairs Missing is an excellent album, as are all of Wire's
early records and are dead cheap too, well worth getting.

    Didn't the Stone Roses admit to being fans of the Dukes of Stratosphear
records? I seem to remember this. The Duke would be proud.

    Cheers,
        Keith.