Sinister: sinister: a wee bit b&s

Euan Leitch euan.leitch at xxx.net
Wed Mar 18 17:45:16 GMT 1998

Thanks to whoever talked about The Beta Band.  The single has made my
working day a little bit skivier.  I bought it with Mark Hollis new
album.  Get it.  It is lazy, soft and slow and heavenly unlike Guy
Chadwick who I saw in London on Friday being sluggish, bland and dull. I
could have stayed in Embra and seen the Beta Band.  He was worth
enduring to hear The Catchers who haven't lost their sweetly painful
touch.

Did you know that last summer, while we barely heard B&S on the radio,
an Athens station played them all the time?  I mean, Greece?  How?

Books to reed:
Italo Calvino - If on a winter's night a traveler...
Umberto Eco - Foucalts Pendulum
Truman Capote - In Cold Blood

How have these book recommendations carried on without someone
complaining?

Uan