Sinister: mmmmmemories

blink at xxx.net blink at xxx.net
Wed Mar 18 22:41:37 GMT 1998

Hello dollfaces,

>Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 11:26:00 +0000
>From: OMUser=Olafia Svansdottir <olaf7 at xxx.is>
>Subject: Sinister: nbs or no content for that matter, feel free to skip
this one

>>Ah, the heady BritPop summer of '95.  Happy days!
>	 I was watching bbc prime the other day and I saw a show
>called Britpop now- remember? it was in the blome of britpop and had:
>Blur(in school uniforms singing country house), Echobelly, Sleeper(oh
>they still exist), Elastica,Menswear and Supergrass,,, it took me
>back,,,  some bands did come out of that area ok, and are still live
>and kicking and I dont mean to trash any of them.

Aaaaah! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about,oh I must've watched that
so many times offa MusiquePlus! When Pulp peform at the end i had every
little move Jarvis did memorized (he was so funny when he tried to jump in
the air!) Especially when he did that finger twirly thing....geez,he has the
long finger!
And when Marion came on we all almost fainted from excitement of Jaime
Harding and his passionate ways....(same with the 'Sleep' video...purple
satin bed with Jaime...oh my it's getting hot in here....)
If it hadn't been for BritPop I would probably never be listening to Belle &
Sebastian....when I was 10 the only two groups I listened to were INXS and U2...
I liked Oasis ok (I still think Cast No Shadow is a lovely song!)..and I
bought this magazine call 'Q' for the very first time with somebody I'd
never heard of before named Jarvis Cocker....then suddenly,Brit-Mad I
went..I bought Cast,Sleeper,Supergrass,Blur,Pulp,Babylon Zoo,Spacehog...I
don't listen to all those bands anymore,but I am still Brit,Eire and Scot
Mad!It was destined for me...to buy that Q...
I remember listening to Great Escape,Pablo Honey and Different Class so much
the tape wore out....one particular day I remember,it was a beautiful spring
day fresh from the cold winter,and the lake was sparkling and me and my
friend took a portable cassette player outside and lied in the still damp
ground with the sun warming us,writing letters to Damon Albarn and Jarvis
Cocker....
Ahhh Menswe at r...I remember the day my friend got that album and I got Pulp
s His 'n Hers..I was so upset at the time,cos i felt like I got the crap
album...my opinions now are quite different..I never really liked the
members of Menswe at r (too full of themselves!) That Chris was sweet
though...but Johnny Dean...he needs a smack..I wanted to beat him up..You
know Menswe at r were actually in Seventeen magazine...pages of them in stylish
clothes..they were more of a fashion band weren't they? Well anyways,then I
discovered Suede and everything seemed to change..

my REAL shame:
I fancied Gavin Rossdale.
Yes..that..that Potato Man! I kissed the screen and fell to my knees when he
came on this one show and played!I bought that 'sexy' Rolling Stone magazine
with him on it,where he's biting his finger?...ewwww...I learned quickly
though,and used ot torment my friend (who still liked him) by watching that
one Jimminy Cricket video of him in slo-mo...he really do look like Jimminy
Cricket...I still have the magazine cover on my wall though...you know how
some ppl they get a tattoo,and they don't like it,or it got messed up and
they could get it fixed but they choose not to? They choose to keep it? The
same reason i keep that potato man on my wall (and also cos now i can just
laugh at it!)

ohmygoodnes,Grease is coming back to the theatres!
(...those summmmer niiiihiiights...)

sweet cakes and milkshakes,
Genevieve

boys will be boys!