Sinister: mmmmmemories

Parcae Parcae at xxx.com
Thu Mar 19 00:27:43 GMT 1998

dear fellow listees,
     oh, i remember brit pop, circa 1995....it was particularly exciting for a
17 year old american girl who wanted so much to escape from the suburbs.
london seemed like such a romantic place.  every week i went to this record
store that specialized in  import singles; the nme was my bible. it was so
exciting that this record store received their singles the same day that you
all in england could buy yours.  so i bought everything!!!!! it was great to
be into something that hadn't yet caught on in the states cos bands would come
play small shit clubs for 3 or 4 dollars.  one weekend was especially
wonderful...friday i saw menswe at r open for the charlatans, then rushed over to
some other shit club to see gene play to 100 people...then the next night i
went to see blur.  now, i own too many crap singles, too many adidas trainers
and too many track jackets.

much love, uyenxx