Sinister: no contiene nada de Belle y Sebastian, lo siento

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 19 09:26:29 GMT 1998

>Unfortunately they chose the latter. Whatever. As a journalist who happens
>adore B&S, the music is the most important thing. I'd rather they wrote
>fiction or did something akin to the Melody Maker NYC diary than 'succumb'
>the interview procedure. Do we actually CARE which is SM's favourite Felt
>song, or, indeed, what colour socks he wears? Belle Lettres is much more
>relevant. They have to realise that if they're going to enter into
media-esque
>shenanigans, however, that an attitude reminiscent of the '86 shambling era
>(or, at least, the way it was portrayed by the NME and suchlike at the
time)
>comes across as less than charming in print/IRC transcript.
>Stephen.

Well that's a bloody great pity isn't it. Belle and Sebastian and the chat
operators both fail to live up to your high standards of conduct. Well you
are a journalist I suppose and people really ought to treat you with more
respect than others.

    There were a lot of people from lots of different places, with lots of
different interests and there were people of many different ages involved in
that chat. If someone wants to ask what colour socks someone wears then
that's up to them - or would you suggest that perhaps all questions should
be vetted by you personally before anyone's allowed to ask them. I suspect
there were some people out there who were quite interested in what their
favourite Felt song was. Not everyone's going to care - but that's not the
point.

    Incidentally, what questions did you ask yourself?

    Keith.