Sinister: Nail Varnish Remover

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 19 09:52:47 GMT 1998

>> >On a completely different (and almost entirely irrelevant) note, has
>> >anyone out there seen Acetone live? They're described in this month's
>> >Select as an "American Belle and Sebastian", and they're supporting
>> >Spiritualised here on Saturday; is it worth turning up early for them?

I saw Acetone in 1993 in the Cathouse in Glasgow with Oasis and Verve. I
must admit, Belle and Sebastian are probably the futhest thing from my mind
in memories of them. They weren't very good at all, and were kind of like a
prog band with jazz influences at the time, I'm sure they could have changed
a lot in that time, but they were abysmal then. I might even go far enough
to say that Oasis were better than them, but I don't really think they were.
They were rubbish too. Verve were good however, my second favouriite support
slot on that night goes to the DJ guy who played not only David Bowie's
"Speed of life" but also played the fantastic space-moog tune that features
in the party scene in Rollerball.

Cheers,
    Keith.