Sinister: chat

Megan Searing msearing at xxx.com
Thu Mar 19 15:43:19 GMT 1998

Hello all,
Megan, here, finally posting from DC (though I may perhaps win the prize
for lurking longer than anyone ever in the history of the list!) Moved to
post now only because I feel strongly about the whole chat thing. What
strikes me most about the event is that it would not have even been
possible 10 (or maybe even 5) years ago. That it did happen and that
various people were able to interact with the band at all is, in some ways,
pretty amazing. Regardless of whether you have positive/negative feelings
about B&S members based on the chat--those are insights you would not have
had if it hadn't happened. I didn't witness the entire thing (only peeped
over Pam, my officemate's, shoulder) but what I did see definitely added
another dimension to my idea of who B&S are, even if (or especially when)
they were just playing. And I thought Stuart M's message to the list was
very kind and just plain lovely (he seemed to like the Felt questions). So
cheers to all who made it happen and I'll shut it there I think.

Sorry for such a scary serious paragraph especially for a virgin poster.
Not much of an introduction! Though some of you may remember Pam outing me
as the non-posting Nimrod a few weeks back, does that count? The DC B&S
picnic we're planning (May 9, Mt. Pleasure, oops I mean Pleasant) has
received an astounding response, at latest count we'll number about 15!
Email us privately for details etc. Thanks if you've read this far!

XO,
Megan