Sinister: Sma Shits

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Thu Mar 19 16:54:38 GMT 1998

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Essexdog5 wrote:

> (including "What's your favourite Spice Girl?" - and before anyone gets sarky
> on my 'ass', Smash Hits turned me down for a job, OK?).

I never heard back from them :(

I fancied myself as a bit of a music hack, so I wrote some singles reviews
that I though were pretty good.  Stuff like "Caramba!  The Spiceys are
back, and this time they've been shopping in the latino-beats aisle of the
great pop supermarket".  I've just checked and I still have them... see
http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~ceerab/about/music/smashhits.html

(I'm particularly proud of that Portishead review "If you took the James
Bond theme tune and bunged it through a washing machine at a high
temperature, it would probably come out like this" indeed!)

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998, Johnston, John CT wrote:

[Mark'n'Lard]
> And for lovers of their comedy items there are some great websites.

Tim Stainthorpe's site is a chapel to their brilliance.
http://www.maingate.demon.co.uk

Oh, and yer Yatsura chaps were dead good last night.

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |