Sinister: re: opening bands & bad records

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Thu Mar 19 17:23:17 GMT 1998

Paige said:
<<and I have sat through a lot of dull and/or bad opening
bands (don't even get me started on Kenickie....). >>
No really?? I saw Kenickie a year ago and thought they were brilliant...
full of energy, really sassy and adorable and their between-song banter
with the crowd was, as they say, "hella funny".

BUT THEN AGAIN....
<<I feel that after my Menswear admission everyone should now declare
the most embarrassing record in their collection>>
... this is coming from someone (erm, me) who had not one, but *two*
Soup Dragons tapes... that's punishable by a ticket straight to Hell,
isn't it

am I the only one who was disappointed by "The Secret History"??? plus
the books I've read by Amis and Coupland...
But I'll vouch for "In cold blood"'s brilliance.

tchau queridos
taralula