Sinister: like the corners of my mind

Cairns ics6jdc at xxx.UK
Thu Mar 19 17:34:40 GMT 1998

Lovely genevieve wrote

>....geez,he has the long finger!

That sounds horribly like one of those conversational snippets you
overhear when the underground is packed with exchange students.

>...I don't listen to all those bands anymore,but I am still
Brit, Eire and Scot Mad!

Why "Eire"? I'm curious. No, really, I am. I can understand "Brit",
(weren't we all in that crazy summer? Powder supporting Verve.
Donna Matthews in armless tee-shirts. Jarv on 'Pop Quiz'), and "Scot"
just about sums up my life, but why "Eire". Tell me it's not The
Corrs, please.

>It was destined for me...to buy that Q...

D'you think it would be cruel of me to giggle at the notion of Q
magazine reaching out and touching people's lives around the world?
Probably.

>ohmygoodnes,Grease is coming back to the theatres!
>(...those summmmer niiiihiiights...)

Awwwww. Bless. A girl after my own heart. My kid brother's tomboy
friend Sarah knows all the words to 'Grease' (as well as to 'Dirty
Dancing'), and once paraded round his birthday party innocently
singing a paean to a "real pussy wagon".

I can't be the only one to have cringed slightly at the whole IRC
affair. Like most devotee/pop star get-togethers, it felt slightly
forced, and not a little embarrassing, for both sides.

It's much better to have an idealised picture of your pop stars in
your head, and to run with it for as long as you can, than to find
out what they're really like. That's not to say B&S aren't utter
sweeties, but I kinda preferred it when all I had to go on were the
sleevenotes, and the little pictures on the back of 'Tigermilk'.

love,
   Joseph

"Only the truly shallow do not judge by appearances"
                                  Robinson in Space