Sinister: A dead good book

MRissb7989 MRissb7989 at xxx.com
Thu Mar 19 19:37:25 GMT 1998

A very good friend of mine from the states has just sent me the most
marvellous book in the world ever.  It's called Griffin and Sabine by Nick
Bantock, and it's the story of a post card artist in England who gets post
cards from a mysterious woman on a tropical island...basically the book's only
a few pages long as it is all told on postcards and letters...it is wonderful
because:

The artwork is divine, a real joy to look at

The book is about long distance friendships (and romances) developing via
letters, quite a *sinister* thing to do I guess

It really feels like you're reading other people's mail, always a slightly
perverse thrill

Apologies if this is old news, especially to US listees, but it really did
blow my mind, and I've never seen it in this country.

And I feel happy today because the sun was shining, and I had my sunroof open
in the car, blasting out B&S as I sped along...bliss..

Gesundheit

Risso