Sinister: chat and Offspring and books and britpop

Sarah sarah at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 19 19:55:56 GMT 1998

um, hello?

Sum-up...Paul and Keith vs Stephen, oh how nice, books, and embarrasing
records and britpop. YUP, its time, i'm going to write again!

the chat. well, *i* wanted to know some stuff about the band, i love
them so much, i thought it was so exciting an oppotunity to talk to B&S
proper, oh so sue me for my uncoolness. and then there were people
saying some really....i mean, OK for a few mins it was funny, but for
the rest, it just got pointless, COULDN'T YOU TELL from Stu D's reaction
hey? thing is, i wouldn't be so arsed if i didn't love them so much. its
just that....sod it. i don't think that if you wanted, which i did, a
relatvly civilised chat about B&S, not wanking or socks or whatever it
was, which lets face it could be chatted about at ANY time, that it went
that well. ta da. then again, twas better than nowt, and i got a ew
decent answers, which was groovey.

And i am not a "real" journo either so Ner.

Books. OK :
Sybil - flora Rheter Schrieber
Charlie and the chocolate factory/great glass elevator - Roald Dahl
Age Of Reason - Mr Sartre
Herzog - Mr Saul Bellow
THe Dice Man - Luke Rhinehart, but NOT the sequel, biggest pile of turd
ever written methinks

Britpoop. Geez, i remeber going nutty when ratarsed to the Pop tunes of
Pulp at V96....ooh what jolly fun..... but then again, sorry kids, i
went straight from knwing nothing, to falling in love with whatever
scene was currently hip in the music press.

i was a c96 kid, with the hairclips and all, i still like Bis so NER!
that was cool actually, i still have a bit of a soft spot for the
Bis-sters. yes indeed. she apparently has a good zine, i keep meaning to
buy it one day, but i always forget damn. The thing is, i got LOADS of
energy and inspiration from it, which is more than i can spot in any
current goings, or possibly *not* goings on.

Then I am afraid, I found the manics history, and bcame intnsley intense
from the first listen of Gold Against the soul and the Holy
Bible....sigh, i stil cry about the fact that the VITALITY i see in
pictures had disappreared - or at least hidden itself so much. all times
when i felt so lost and alone in high school, thinking wwhat a freak i
was, and there would have been the manics there....if only i
knew.....but i didn't.

anyway, i found another B&S convert today. i tell my chum Katie evryday
about how good the spanking hot fandoobydastic band that are B&S, and
she went into HMV, and they were playing this song she thought was
GREAT. so she checked it, and came back saying...

"OH WOW, BELLE and SEBASTIAN are great! i dunno what song but it had a
red cover...."

(sarah thinks 'If yer feeling sinister! ra!)

"Somehow i thought they'd be more trashy, more rock...."

now really, do i give that impression off? ok, so i sang an Offspring
song, just that once....or twice...not like i have any of their songs...
"i'm not a trendy asshole i do what i want"....DAMN! doing it again!

no, i am not that really into YA YA YAAAA rock, but i do find it great
ujst to thrash about to. pooonk rawk has N, er..G! and B&S are nice and
lovely.....S/Lized are magical...ELO are sound man, ABC are
fandiddlydoodyaceyrooney, and los manicos are awesome, man. dont arse
arguing, else i will just swamp this lists with intensely intense rants
EVERYDAY! (instead of every OTHER day!) oh heee hee....not.
I'M GOING NOW BYE!!!!!!
Sarah starryone!

                        Look! it's frampton! He's coming aliiiiive!

                         http://www.elsato97.demon.co.uk

                        *    FEATHER BOAS & NAPALM ZINE *
                        *       C'MON! PUNCH THE AIR!   *
                        *       One Pound and A5 SAE    *