Sinister: Bookly Question

Paige Rosella prosella at xxx.com
Fri Mar 20 14:50:46 GMT 1998

Just wondering if anyone out there has read the new Ted Hughes poetry collection, Birthday Letters?  I want to read it (because didn't we *all* have that only-Sylvia-understands-my-pain phase?), but I'm not sure if I want to shell out the $20 or so dollars to buy it.

As for Douglas Coupland, I have loved every one of his books except the Deadhead one.  I recently reread Microserfs, and cried at the ending all over again.  That it made me cry ranks it right up there with The Incredible Journey and The Velveteen Rabbit - but no animals die or are in peril in Microserfs.

Thinking martini thoughts,
Paige