Sinister: ah, you know - stuff

vlass at xxx.com vlass at xxx.com
Fri Mar 20 16:16:19 GMT 1998

okay:

>From: MRissb7989 <MRissb7989 at xxx.com>
>Subject: Sinister: A dead good book
>>A very good friend of mine from the states has just sent me the most
>marvellous book in the world ever.  It's called Griffin and Sabine by Nick
>Bantock
YES!! These books are beautiful. I just read the 2nd in the trilogy -
Sabine's Notebook, and i can't wait to read the third.

> bradford <parachute at earthlink.net>
>douglas coupland : the only book i ever read from him that i liked was
>"life after god". i hated "generation x" and "shampoo planet". never
>read the microsoft one.
i very much agree.. life after god was great (ink polaroid-ish, don't you
think?) but generation x was too.. hmm.. hip for me. microserfs is a good
mr.coupland book too, although the ending was kind of weak.. i think..

>From: Sarah <sarah at xxx.uk>
> i still have a bit of a soft spot for the
>Bis-sters. yes indeed. she apparently has a good zine, i keep meaning to
>buy it one day, but i always forget damn.

yes, manda rin's zine, -funky spunk-, is wonderful. i have the issue with
the stereolab interview.. there's no price on it, but be sure to send
postage. write to:
 Amanda
 PO BOX 3821
Glasgow
 Scotland
 G46 6JY
. i traded for my issue (btw, any zine writers looking to trade, please
email me! i write a zine called -melt the snow- and i would love to hear
from you. non-zine writers are also very much appreciated)

one more thing..
i don't know very much about country music, but if you're interested, you
should check out neko case, who is the drummer for the vancouver band maow.
she has a solo record out on mint records called -the virginian- and it
features her doing covers of country songs. i've only heard her version of
bowling green (sp?) and it's good. she's received favourable reviews for
this record too.

ummmm, that's it
teri xoxo