Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V2 #111

nickie elfie at xxx.ie
Sat Mar 21 16:38:08 GMT 1998

Ari wrote (ages ago...only trawling through countless digests now - sorry,
kids)

  Poor Willie, spent his whole life
> trapped in unrequited love for Maud Gonne.  And he still had decades more
> torture to go when he wrote this poem.  I guess it helped him write some
great
> poems, but did he live a half-life?  I hope there were "others", as he
says,
> or else he doomed himself.

as the Hugh Heffner of his generation Yeats didn't live a half-life...
did you know that Yeat was a right goer?...philanderer is not the word
he got married but boasted of twenty or more mistresses
also, as his youth began to fade his masculine menopause took hold and he
decided to go under the knife...don't know the exact surgical
details(unfortunately), but basically he got his own gonads transplanted by
monkey ones - this is honest to god truth - to improve his
'virility'...according to him it worked...mmm...tasty...

provides interesting new angles on Yeats essays, anyway...and i always
thought that he was such a nice boy...

nickie

> Well, this poem blows my mind nohow.
>
> - --Ari
>

> A Deep-Sworn Vow
>
> Others because you did not keep
> That deep-sworn vow have been friends of mine;
> Yet always when I look death in the face,
> When I clamber to the heights of sleep,
> Or when I grow excited with wine,
> Suddenly I meet your face.
>

> - -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> .     This message was brought to you by the Sinister mailing list.
> .        To send to the list please mail "sinister at majordomo.net".
> .  For subscribing, unsubscribing and other list information please see
> .             http://www.majordomo.net/sinister
> . For questions about how the list works mail owner-sinister at majordomo.net
> .             Listen, this is pish, I think I'll leave
> - -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:19:57 -0000
> From: Huw Jenkins <Huw.Jenkins at xxx.uk>
> Subject: Sinister: Durham/Klute & Spain
>
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand

> - ------ =_NextPart_000_01BD5318.35F8CBE0
>
> I'm going up to Durham tonight for my graduaion, I know there's someone
> on this list from Durham and I just wanted to know if there is anything
> going on in Klute tonight and this weekend.  Thats all soryy t lacked
> anything at all to do with B&S.  But wait. I've had an idea.  Is there
> any chance of Jeepster or anyone else organising a trip to Spain this
> Summer to B&S in Benicassim, it sounds like a mental festival and I'm
> gong anyway but it would be cool if something were organised foir the
> fans.
>
> huw
>
> Anyone driving up North tonight from London and want to share the
> petrol?
>
> - ------ =_NextPart_000_01BD5318.35F8CBE0

eJ8+IgkJAQaQCAAEAAAAAAABAAEAAQeQBgAIAAAA5AQAAAAAAADoAAEIgAcAGAAAAElQTS5NaWNy

b3NvZnQgTWFpbC5Ob3RlADEIAQWAAwAOAAAAzgcDABMACQATADkABABEAQEGAAcAAQAAAAAAAAEg

gAMADgAAAM4HAwATAAkAEwA5AAQARAEBCYABACEAAABGMzIwQTI1OUQzQjlEMTExOTcwMDAwODA1

RjM4N0Q0NADmBgEEgAEAFQAAAER1cmhhbS9LbHV0ZSAmIFNwYWluAPYGAQ2ABAACAAAAAgACAAED

kAYA4AcAADAAAAADAP0/5AQAAEAAOQCAsD4vGFO9AQMABYAIIAYAAAAAAMAAAAAAAABGAAAAAFKF

AAC3DQAAHgAlgAggBgAAAAAAwAAAAAAAAEYAAAAAVIUAAAEAAAAEAAAAOC4wAAMAJoAIIAYAAAAA

AMAAAAAAAABGAAAAAAGFAAAAAAAACwAAgAggBgAAAAAAwAAAAAAAAEYAAAAAA4UAAAAAAAALAC+A

CCAGAAAAAADAAAAAAAAARgAAAAAOhQAAAAAAAAMAAoAIIAYAAAAAAMAAAAAAAABGAAAAABCFAAAA

AAAAAwAwgAggBgAAAAAAwAAAAAAAAEYAAAAAEYUAAAAAAAADADKACCAGAAAAAADAAAAAAAAARgAA

AAAYhQAAAAAAAB4AQYAIIAYAAAAAAMAAAAAAAABGAAAAADaFAAABAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAeAEKACCAG

AAAAAADAAAAAAAAARgAAAAA3hQAAAQAAAAEAAAAAAAAAHgBDgAggBgAAAAAAwAAAAAAAAEYAAAAA

OIUAAAEAAAABAAAAAAAAAAIBCRABAAAAMQIAAC0CAADHAgAATFpGdVWaoV0DAAoAcmNwZzEyNSYy

APgLYG5nAdA1N50B9yACpAPjAgBjaArAYHNldDAgBxMCgH05CoF1YwBQCwMLtSBJICdtIGdvC4Bn

IIB1cCB0byBECHDPEQATYBQQAwBnaAVAAhAJBcBteRNwcmFkdQsLcAIgLBMwIGtub0kH4HRoBJBl

JwQgc+UDcGUCIGUgAiAWsQQAfCBsBAAVEQNhFDYAcGSpFkFqdRhhdwBwdAmAfxQCFnMGkBa0GuAE

IABweZ8X8ROxE4QXwQuAIEsKQK8aMBSnGVIX83cJ4GsJ8KBkLiAgVBEAdBuR5mwDIBdAcnkVgAVA

C2B+Yx6gGXAbtx8wH2MUEWSHFCAD8BbAIEImUx7hvkIdIBnxIhAe4BNAdhegrxEAIIIa4AEAYR7h

SQQgyxskG7EgEPFuYxehGwD6SgngcBhgBJAXsAXAG7HZF4JlbBEwJnFnAHAEAO8g8xQABREUAlMK

sBzRF/P4U3VtB4AFwBQRIlEcwvZCCfAN4GEEEAdwFjAiEP0XMXUZYBgiHqAoEQeAAjDHB0AVIAeQ

dGl2LJEZU98TUyECG8AaABWAYiLBK0HqdwhgbBlwYhegBaAG8P8a4hdCG+QecBtRJ3UaQQIQ3mkp

wRbQFSAAcS4KogqEUQqAaHV3MopBJsRk9QUQdhOlTgkRIjAUtxiifkwCICHQA6AZUhoCFAJzNxEB

HUEyAXARQANgbD8LMoQR8QA5YAAAAAsAAgABAAAAHgBwAAEAAAAVAAAARHVyaGFtL0tsdXRlICYg

U3BhaW4AAAAAAgFxAAEAAAAWAAAAAb1TFyKe9zT2rb8DEdGHagAgr8bsTwAAAwDxPwkEAAAeADFA

AQAAAA0AAABIVUdILkpFTktJTlMAAAAAAwAaQAAAAAAeADBAAQAAAA0AAABIVUdILkpFTktJTlMA

AAAAAwAZQAAAAAALAEA6AQAAAAIBMQABAAAARgAAAAAAAAA3ywi+0I3REZb9AIBfOH1EBwBh1Rry

90nREZbqAIBfOH1EAAAAAehzAABh1Rry90nREZbqAIBfOH1EAAAAArrSAAAAAAIBFDoBAAAAEAAA

APMgolnTudERlwAAgF84fUQDACYAAAAAAAMANgAAAAAAAwCAEP////8CAUcAAQAAADQAAABjPUdC

O2E9IDtwPVJhaWwgTWFuY2hlIEZpbmE7bD1STUYxLTk4MDMxOTA5MTk1N1otNDEAAgH5PwEAAABY

AAAAAAAAANynQMjAQhAatLkIACsv4YIBAAAAAAAAAC9PPVJBSUwgTUFOQ0hFIEZJTkFOQ0UvT1U9

Uk1GL0NOPVJFQ0lQSUVOVFMvQ049SFVHSC5KRU5LSU5TAB4A+D8BAAAADAAAAEh1dyBKZW5raW5z

AB4AOEABAAAADQAAAEhVR0guSkVOS0lOUwAAAAACAfs/AQAAAFgAAAAAAAAA3KdAyMBCEBq0uQgA

Ky/hggEAAAAAAAAAL089UkFJTCBNQU5DSEUgRklOQU5DRS9PVT1STUYvQ049UkVDSVBJRU5UUy9D

Tj1IVUdILkpFTktJTlMAHgD6PwEAAAAMAAAASHV3IEplbmtpbnMAHgA5QAEAAAANAAAASFVHSC5K

RU5LSU5TAAAAAEAABzBgi4obGFO9AUAACDDwkGwvGFO9AR4APQABAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAeAB0OAQAA

ABUAAABEdXJoYW0vS2x1dGUgJiBTcGFpbgAAAAAeADUQAQAAAC4AAAA8NjFENTFBRjJGNzQ5RDEx

MTk2RUEwMDgwNUYzODdENDQwMUY4OUZAUk1GMT4AAAALACkAAAAAAAsAIwAAAAAAAwAGEBOU+EQD

AAcQyQEAAAMAEBAAAAAAAwAREAAAAAAeAAgQAQAAAGUAAABJTUdPSU5HVVBUT0RVUkhBTVRPTklH

SFRGT1JNWUdSQURVQUlPTixJS05PV1RIRVJFU1NPTUVPTkVPTlRISVNMSVNURlJPTURVUkhBTUFO

RElKVVNUV0FOVEVEVE9LTk9XSUZUAAAAAAIBfwABAAAALgAAADw2MUQ1MUFGMkY3NDlEMTExOTZF

> QTAwODA1RjM4N0Q0NDAxRjg5RkBSTUYxPgAAAA6n
>
> - ------ =_NextPart_000_01BD5318.35F8CBE0--
> - -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> .     This message was brought to you by the Sinister mailing list.
> .        To send to the list please mail "sinister at majordomo.net".
> .  For subscribing, unsubscribing and other list information please see
> .             http://www.majordomo.net/sinister
> . For questions about how the list works mail owner-sinister at majordomo.net
> .             Listen, this is pish, I think I'll leave
> - -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 09:26:29 -0000
> From: Keith Watson <keith at xxx.uk>
> Subject: Re: Sinister: no contiene nada de Belle y Sebastian, lo siento
>
> >Unfortunately they chose the latter. Whatever. As a journalist who
happens
> >adore B&S, the music is the most important thing. I'd rather they wrote
> >fiction or did something akin to the Melody Maker NYC diary than
'succumb'
> >the interview procedure. Do we actually CARE which is SM's favourite
Felt
> [...]
> >shenanigans, however, that an attitude reminiscent of the '86 shambling
era
> >(or, at least, the way it was portrayed by the NME and suchlike at the
> time)
> >comes across as less than charming in print/IRC transcript.
> >Stephen.
>

> Well that's a bloody great pity isn't it. Belle and Sebastian and the
chat
> operators both fail to live up to your high standards of conduct. Well
you
> are a journalist I suppose and people really ought to treat you with more
> respect than others.
>
>     There were a lot of people from lots of different places, with lots
of
> different interests and there were people of many different ages involved
in
> that chat. If someone wants to ask what colour socks someone wears then
> that's up to them - or would you suggest that perhaps all questions
should
> be vetted by you personally before anyone's allowed to ask them. I
suspect
> there were some people out there who were quite interested in what their
> favourite Felt song was. Not everyone's going to care - but that's not
the
> point.
>
>     Incidentally, what questions did you ask yourself?
>

>     Keith.
>

> - -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> .     This message was brought to you by the Sinister mailing list.
> .        To send to the list please mail "sinister at majordomo.net".
> .  For subscribing, unsubscribing and other list information please see
> .             http://www.majordomo.net/sinister
> . For questions about how the list works mail owner-sinister at majordomo.net
> .             Listen, this is pish, I think I'll leave
> - -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:28:59 -0000
> From: Huw Jenkins <Huw.Jenkins at xxx.uk>
> Subject: Sinister: Durham/Klute & Spain
>
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand

> - ------ =_NextPart_000_01BD5321.D53AF940
>
> I'm going up to Durham tonight for my graduaion, I know there's someone
> on this list from Durham and I just wanted to know if there is anything
> going on in Klute tonight and this weekend.  Thats all soryy t lacked
> anything at all to do with B&S.  But wait. I've had an idea.  Is there
> any chance of Jeepster or anyone else organising a trip to Spain this
> Summer to B&S in Benicassim, it sounds like a mental festival and I'm
> gong anyway but it would be cool if something were organised foir the
> fans.
>
> huw
>
> Anyone driving up North tonight from London and want to share the

eJ8+IgIKAQaQCAAEAAAAAAABAAEAAQeQBgAIAAAA5AQAAAAAAADoAAEIgAcAGAAAAElQTS5NaWNy

b3NvZnQgTWFpbC5Ob3RlADEIAQWAAwAOAAAAzgcDABMACgAcADsABABQAQEGAAcAAQAAAAAAAAEg

gAMADgAAAM4HAwATAAoAHAA7AAQAUAEBCYABACEAAABGMzIwQTI1OUQzQjlEMTExOTcwMDAwODA1

RjM4N0Q0NADmBgEEgAEAFQAAAER1cmhhbS9LbHV0ZSAmIFNwYWluAPYGAQ2ABAACAAAAAgACAAED

kAYA4AcAADAAAAADAP0/5AQAAEAAOQDgcAbUIVO9AQMABYAIIAYAAAAAAMAAAAAAAABGAAAAAFKF

[...]

O2E9IDtwPVJhaWwgTWFuY2hlIEZpbmE7bD1STUYxLTk4MDMxOTEwMjg1OVotNDMAAgH5PwEAAABY

AAAAAAAAANynQMjAQhAatLkIACsv4YIBAAAAAAAAAC9PPVJBSUwgTUFOQ0hFIEZJTkFOQ0UvT1U9

Uk1GL0NOPVJFQ0lQSUVOVFMvQ049SFVHSC5KRU5LSU5TAB4A+D8BAAAADAAAAEh1dyBKZW5raW5z

AB4AOEABAAAADQAAAEhVR0guSkVOS0lOUwAAAAACAfs/AQAAAFgAAAAAAAAA3KdAyMBCEBq0uQgA

Ky/hggEAAAAAAAAAL089UkFJTCBNQU5DSEUgRklOQU5DRS9PVT1STUYvQ049UkVDSVBJRU5UUy9D

Tj1IVUdILkpFTktJTlMAHgD6PwEAAAAMAAAASHV3IEplbmtpbnMAHgA5QAEAAAANAAAASFVHSC5K

RU5LSU5TAAAAAEAABzCwwq3EIVO9AUAACDAg2VLUIVO9AR4APQABAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAeAB0OAQAA

ABUAAABEdXJoYW0vS2x1dGUgJiBTcGFpbgAAAAAeADUQAQAAAC4AAAA8NjFENTFBRjJGNzQ5RDEx

MTk2RUEwMDgwNUYzODdENDQwMUY4QTBAUk1GMT4AAAALACkAAAAAAAsAIwAAAAAAAwAGEBOU+EQD