Sinister: Tigermilk price

Stephen_J._Wood at xxx.Wood Stephen_J._Wood at xxx.Wood
Sun Mar 22 20:26:24 GMT 1998

>John Jackson wrote:
>Here's the reply I got from OpalMusic....
>"Yes we do have a copy. Mint condition. We are accepting offers until the
end of this month (March).
>Current highest offer 182.00 UK pounds."
>bids until the end of March eh..wankers.

My thoughts:

If someone chooses to spend that much money on Tigermilk, instead of putting
up with a cassette from some nice person on this list, or waiting until the
band can be bothered to reissue it, then that's their affair. (If I had to
choose between Tigermilk and, say, 15 chart CDs, then I'm fairly sure which
would give me the greatest pleasure).

You can't blame a record dealer for accepting their money, the record is only
worth that because it's a damn fine record, and it's very hard to come by.
That doesn't make them wankers.

If the band had actually got their act together and put out a reissue, even a
CD only release so the LP's are still special or whatever, then the original
would still be collectable, but not fetching the ridiculous prices it is. And
the fans who want the music could get hold of it.

Maybe they want to preserve the mystique of the LP, by ensuring as few people
as possible get to hear it, maybe they don't think its any good! Either way
it's bound to be pirated/bootlegged soon, if indeed it hasn't been already.
So either way we'll all soon be able to get hold of it!

Cheers,

Rocker

rocker at andyclin.exnet.com