Sinister: this, and that

Hopkins T t.hopkins at xxx.uk
Mon Mar 23 08:25:24 GMT 1998

Joseph C wrote:
	D'you think it would be cruel of me to giggle at the notion of Q
	magazine reaching out and touching people's lives around the world?
	Probably.

Please can we stop talking about Q magazine?;-) I've had a bad enough time
about Q magazine already, what with being called a fat drunken turnip and
then having my shame displayed on Honey's (otherwise charming) people pages
:-(

Joseph F(I take it you aren't Joe Foster as in Slaughter Joe, early
studio-wrecking Creation Records mainstay...? ...thought not:-)) wrote...

> Could someone enlighten me as to a band whats called 'loop'? i bought a
> loop T-shirt once, not knowing about any band.

...and then couldn't understand why people laughed and threw stones at you
when you wore it?;-)

Loop were a mid-80's drone band who you might like if you like the Spacemen
3, who (it is often said) Loop mercilessly ripped off. Loop were the
original life sized models of the Velvet Underground in clay. They wouldn't
have known a decent pop song if it bit them. Oh, having said that, we once
met a future member of Loop taping a Housemartins gig...top Serious Rock
cred there...

Apologoes to any Loop fans...

Bye

Tim