Sinister: The oscars

jon g. jon.g at xxx.com
Mon Mar 23 16:29:16 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: JOSEPH FOSTER <pasty at xxx.com>
To: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Date: 23 March 1998 15:18
Subject: Sinister: The oscars

>Is it only me that wonders why the oscars are on at such a silly time?
>Surely they would be better off
>Starting a good 6 or 7 hours earlier
>So that then
>More people could watch them.

They seem rather pointless to me - but someone could probably get me to like
them if they explained them to me.  Why? Why? Why?

>Cus staying up late is bad for your complextion
>And I'll never get to my lectures like this.
>If it started at around 5 o'clock
>Well then all of the celebrities
>Wouldn't all look so tired and sleepy
>Especially the younguns
>Like Leonardo DeCaprio

Maybe Leo won't be so very melodramatic if he was tired - a very good thing
in my book.

>Who may have paperounds and such like the next day.

Do you think he's short of cash?

>Also it would finish earlier
>(well, that goes woithout saying)
>And all of the actors
>Could rush down the pub for last orders.

actors would have to drink orange juice - they would get in to trouble with
their personal trainers if they didn't.  Anyway, they have to worry about
their multi-million pound earning stomachs and legs, so they would probably
drink deionised super-pure h2o.