Sinister: a nice review to enjoy

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Mon Mar 23 20:49:49 GMT 1998

The following review appeared in last Friday's edition of El Diario Vasco,
the world's worst newspaper:

Beautiful and personal (that's the headline)

After the delicious debut Tigermilk (today a cult object) this 3, 6, 9
Seconds of Light is the Scottish sextet's third single. It starts off with A
Century of Fakers, which is reminiscent of rhythms chewed in Lazy Lane with
better sound and a new melody. Love and surfing psychodelia fly over Le
Pastie de Bourgoisie, where the reverb and double voices smell of
Californian salt residue. Beautiful shaows us again that B&S are on form. In
Put the Book on The Shelf they sing to themselves.

Kevin Kevorkian

That's it. I haven't made anything up, honest. I think Mister "Kevorkian"
(a) has got Tigermilk and (b) is no stranger to drugs. There's a little
picture off the record cover as well. The other new release reviewed this
week is Nicolette's Let No One Live Rent Free In Your Head. If I'm not
mistaken it's from about two years ago.

Peter

Peter