Sinister: skating a pirouette on ice is cool, but when there's still ice in spring, it's sad

Martin Conneely Martin_Conneely at finance.irlgov.ie
Tue Mar 24 11:13:07 GMT 1998

Olafia and Teri wrote, complaining about winter:

">yes yes yes,,, we should form a support group: people recovering from
>winter,or manic winter depressive( no, thats just me).
NO! it's me too!

> I should just face it, spring never arrives here before end of april, but
after 6
>months of winter, it does get to you a little doesn't it.
a little? sigh... a lot actually... i'm so tired of wearing 5 million layers
of clothes and boots when it's so close to april. if the snow doesnt melt
before my birthday, i don't know what i'll do... [insert sound of a ticking
timebomb here]"

I came across 2 very short poems which might help:

winter is as ugly
as an arm hair
  --Jeremy Hartman
[I don't know what that means either]