Sinister: obsessiveness: geeky or cool?

The Spod the.spod at xxx.com
Tue Mar 24 14:13:22 GMT 1998

dear all

    I went on to the chat site last night and was having the usual
music-y conversation when it was mentioned that perhaps people (such as
those on list this list) who are really into music have no life. Is this
true? Do "normal" people see such activities as being obsessive about a
particular band or genre as sad? Or does the obsession hold a mystique
that makes these people seem more interesting than they really are?(Are
people into to music simply for this very reason?)
    From my own personal experience it feels that being really into
music (none of my friends are) is not really seen as geeky or cool but
just unusual, you know like having mad hair or a fondness for sprouts.
Something that just distingushes you from other people.
     It's like paying £££'s for TM when it isn't really worth that much
(certainly not to me anyway). Is the price so high because of the
coolness factor that is associated with the records rather than the
songs themselves?

what am I trying to say? sorry it is late :)

the spod
        xxxxx