Sinister: Oven Growl (anag)

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Tue Mar 24 16:43:31 GMT 1998

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, jon g. wrote:

> To hear Wrong Love, the track that Belle & Sebastian played on tonight's
> Evening Session, go to
> http://www.btinternet.com/~jon.g/

Jon -- I love you and want to have your babies.  Thanks for that, cause I
completely forgot to listen to the radio last night.

Don't suppose anyone got Garbage's new single off The Breakfast Show?

> You will need the RealPlayer version 5

Actually, RealAudio Player 3 worked fine for me (it's the only version
that'll run under IRIX 5.3)

Someone else (whoops!  lost the attribution) wrote:
>would you rather: a) get a fairly decent copy dubbed by someone cool
>like Andy Dean or Pam Berry for the price of a tape and postage or b)
>pay some dubious fucker a tenner for a dodgy CD bootleg copy down some
>market?
>
>anyone who answers b) can fuck right off now.

I'm sorry, but I cannot agree with you in any shape or form.

I would happily fork out for a CD copy of Tigermilk.  If the band don't
re-release it, and I find a copy somewhere, I *will* pay for it.  Despite
already having an nth-generation copy on tape, I would prefer a CD.

The fans want Tigermilk to be re-released.  People are paying fucking
stupid money for vinyl copies.  If the band aren't willing to take our
money, then there are others out there who will.  That's supply and demand
for you.

On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Essexdog5 wrote:

> Stephen.
> The 'journalist' (boo! hiss! etc) who doesn't "want to tell the band what they
> should do", but would rather they hurried up and released Modern Rock Song
> asap.

And let us not forget, the journalist who made B&S the number one single
of 1997 on Teletext (and Helen Love at number 6!  He am de best!)

Come on "the band"!  Get "a" move on.  (And that "goes for" Helen Love
"too"!)

Quotation "marks" r00L!

Ro"d".

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |