Sinister: gee whiz

Kimberly Rivas-Plata krivas at xxx.gov
Tue Mar 24 22:11:56 GMT 1998

everyone's favorite conservative wrote:
>This list stinks

sniff, sniff....smells fine to me.

>Just ask members of the Catatonia list.  They think this list stinks
>as well.

I never realized that the members of the Catatonia list were the
all-knowing gurus of mailing-list etiquette.

>Roll on Conservatives.  Probably needn't bother now looking at
>Labour.  Still, people should realise that both traffic jams and
>hierarchy are essential to a thriving economy.

ok now here's where I must say that if you're going to voice strong
opinions on a subject - politics, music or whatever - you should be
prepared to stand up to the rebuttals that they are sure to envoke.

on the other hand, there have been a few unwarranted outlashings on
the list, particularly on the eager new enthusiasts.....
yeah, it may be annoying to read yet another Tigermilk request, but
hey, we were all there once (cept for those fortunate few who have
their own vinyl copies).

and thanks everyone who's contributed to book recommendations. I now
have a list of books a mile long to look out for on future trips
to librarys and bookstores. I'd recommend something too if I could, but
I haven't read that much lately apart from scientific journals and
textbooks - BORING!

I'm just happy now cause Eddie Izzard is doing a 8-week stint in NYC!
yeahhhhh!!!! izzog man rules!

Crazy Cell-Counter Kim