Sinister: a good read

Schaffenberger kschaffe at xxx.edu
Wed Mar 25 00:48:14 GMT 1998

Oooh, I've just started reading Rick Moody's THE ICE STORM.  I started
flipping through the pages on the walk back from the library, and found
myself so engrossed, I was hit by a car.  I write from a full body cast,
several hours later.  The good news is that the book wasn't terribly
soiled by my blood or tire tracks, so I'm off to read more.

Someone said to me today that if there is a bright star of fashion in
this universe or on this planet (maybe Tokyo?), then Trinity University
is the furthest point from that star.  So far this week, I have seen FIVE
knee length denim skirts, a staple in my fifth grade wardrobe.  The good
news is that none of these garmets were acid washed.  The bad news is
that even our local Gap has been displaying these skirts (and, mind you,
I do live in a big city).  This phenomenon leaves me cold and
frightened.  A friend mentioned once that his personal (and only) rule of
fashion is no denim above the waist.  I wish to further extend this rule
to no denim that starts above the knees.  I propose a worldwide ban on
denim skirts and shorts (especially the really short, creepy variety that
Texan girls are fond of), and where better to begin than on the Belle and
Sebastian list.

Sorry if I've offended any acid-washed miniskirt and jacket wearers, but
this is an issue I feel strongly about and can no longer ignore.

Jon Parker- Thanks for the "Century" booklet; it's beautiful.  I also really
enjoyed Paradiso, which I read between classes.

Emily Pickles- Gordon sends his love and the Juice Tiger is working well.

-Kristen