Sinister: Ramble with 22 percent B and S content

jon g. jon.g at xxx.com
Wed Mar 25 15:16:36 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Ruth McCurry <100670.3522 at xxx.com>
To: Sinister <sinister at majordomo.net>
Date: 25 March 1998 14:21
Subject: Sinister: Ramble with 22 percent B and S content

>Which leads me to B and S. I must have seen five or six hundred bands over
>the last fifteen years, but nothing remotely comparable to our hero/ines.
>How can this be explained? Are there any other people on the list around
>the age of 30 who feel the same? Jon.g and bethey are only fifteen: do you
>understand quite how unique this band are? Even though they shamble around
>on stage like a bunch of fools, the end result astonishes me every time.

Well, when I we (me and bethey) saw them in Manchester in December, it was
my first ever gig!  Therefore, nothing will compare to them, if what you say
is true.  I do sort of understand how wonderful B&S now, I think.  Nothing
comes close to the (god I hate this word too) spiritual feeling that Belle &
Sebastian put inside me (apart from Arab Strap, but that's I different
feeling - B&S are about love and Arab Strap are about hate).  I see people
at school listening to things like Robbie Williams' Angels and saying it's a
really spiritual song and they can cry at it and I know that they are too
naive to understand that there is so much better out there, than some fat
melodramatic warbler who needs a bit of cash.  Anyway, if I don't realise
how good they are, I will do when they're gone.

Keith said:
>Lots of stuff about it is different, it's more like going to actually
>listen to some music rather than be thrown around in a massive mob and
>"hear" music being played at 150 dBs which it's basically impossible to
>hear.

Here here.

jon g.
jon.g at btinternet.com - http://www.btinternet.com/~jon.g/