Sinister: Seeing Other People's

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Mar 26 17:36:15 GMT 1998

Christopher Alexander Leonard revealed:

  I went to a public toilet the other day.  I was
>standing at the urinal taking care of the matter in hand, and two
>urinals along there was an old jakey bloke taking care of his matter in
>hand

Thank you Christopher. This is the kind of thing I'd like to see more of on
the list. How about if every member of the list goes to their nearest public
lavatory and waits around until something interesting happens? Don't worry
if you're shy, some of them have helpful little peepholes drilled in the
doors so no one will know that you're there. If we all do this I'm sure the
results will put the PE / Big Tackle thread in the shade. In the likely
event of seeing someone "at it" the lucky listee should burst out of their
hiding place (if they have chosen to go undercover) and award the person in
question a Crackerjack pencil and ask them what is the Meaning of True Pop.
That way we can all kill two birds with one stone:- we get a toilet-related
anecdote and another piece to put in the Great Pop Jigsaw to boot. Hey
presto!

I'm all confused as to which Northy is which.

Trousers is Stephen Trousers of the Poetry Society. He must be ill because
there was no Monday Poem this week.

I quite like Super Furry Animals but I've never even heard Catatonic. Can't
say I'm overly bothered though.

Northy one day claimed to be a bit Welsh and then the next day his "thank
God I'm Welsh" thing started appearing.

Veterans of the Ivor the Engine Competition (which I won!) know that Welsh
people are the tops, so relax, Huw. Go and get that Dark Side of the Moon
album out again. You know it makes sense. Lie back and think of John
Toshack.

Some of you will remember that I was so blinded by jealousy after Tim's
appearance in "Q" that I called him a "bloated drunken turnip". It was true,
but I shouldn't have said it. After a sutably Pinteresque pause I have made
my own attempt to get my name in "Q". I sent a B&S related question to
Jarvis Cocker. I do hope they use it. Mainly because there's a twenty-five
pound prize, which I suspect is more than Hopkins got.

Did Taggart really die of a broken heart? Did you know Isaac Hayes used to
be in The Rockford Files?

Listen, this is pish, I think I'll shut up again.

Peter