Sinister: Bob's Day and happiness (No B&S content)

jon g. jon.g at xxx.com
Thu Mar 26 19:31:59 GMT 1998

Well, as we're all in the mood for getting jolly and happy, I have to tell
you about Bob's Day, which incidentally occurs tomorrow.

My friend has this brother who is rather bizarre.  Anyway, one day, he made
the discovery of Bob's day, in which you send a card or another form of
message to the one you love or feel admiration for, and it will brighten up
your day.  Bob's day occurs every second Friday, and tomorrow is Bob's day.

Just in case you haven't picked that up, here's what it says on the back of
a Bob's day card:
A Note From The Manufacturer
It has come to the attention of the manufacturer that it is a complete shag
having to wait for Valentine's day until you can send someone a Valentine's
card, to let them know they have an admirer.  Having realised this fact, the
manufacturer has resolved to remedy the unfortunate situation by creating
Bob's day, with it's associated cards etc.
Bob's day occurs every other Friday, thus meaning that the maximum length of
time and admirer should conceivably have to wait in anguish is thirteen
days.  The manufacturer hopes that this will be an acceptable period of time
(in any case, it's better than a year).  It is the intention of the
manufacturer that Bob's day becomes not only a way to express amorous
feelings, but also a novel way to send a message, or to generally brighten
up someone's day.
The manufacturer hopes that this card has brightened up your day.

Well, there you go.

Problem solved.

jon g.
jon.g at btinternet.com - http://www.btinternet.com/~jon.g/