Sinister: someone's gonna get killed

**Megan Lehar** mkl206 at xxx.edu
Fri Mar 27 06:01:05 GMT 1998

once again, i make use of the song i'm listening to to pick a topic.  don't
worry, not feeling unduly homicidal today, i just thought you lot would be
missing my charming posts.  and yes, they *are* charming dammit!  anyway,
first off i've got some ink polaroids:

*this one's a little dark cause it was taken at the ivy show last night and
the lighting wasn't very good.  the three of us in the foreground and
laurel, michele and myself.  laurel and michele have just met and are
speaking rather animatedly.  i'm motioning off to the side for brian to
come over.  he's sitting  in the corner, talking to heidi (his roommate who
isn't on the list).  i'm trying to get him to meet michele, though he's
never spoken to him in chat.

*here's a picture of me and laurel and ben.  ben is looking fairly animated
cause he's talking with the "lads" about "football" at a "pub".  laurel and
i are kind of bored off in the corner, and trying to amuse one another with
fascinating tidbits.  we're so close to one another cause there weren't
enough chairs, and we're sharing one.  she's also sort of sharing with ben,
so it's pretty squishy.  you may notice that our nails are painted the same
sparkly blue.  that's cause we were at my room earlier and gossiping and
painting our nails.  we both wanted the same polish, so we match.

*the last picture for today is taken at the time cafe.  brian, john
(another intern) and i were working.  john's the goth boy next to me who
laurel said was too cool, but he's really just a sillyhead like us.  laurel
and ben are off to the side.  we're all sort of falling over the table,
especially me cause it's been a rough first day after spring break.  the
mostly empty plates are the remains of our dinner, which laurel is sort of
eating off of cause she's really going to eat with ben, but sort of hungry
right now.  laurel, ben, and john are giving a knowing smile cause brian
and i are bickering across the table as usual.  but we all look rather
amused with the whole situation.

so that will have to satisfy for now.  however, there are upcoming meetings
with rach and dina this weekend, so you lot will be favored with more
charming polaroids as the listees begin to come together.

also, about all this bitching, i dont' see the point.  paul is a wonderful
list owner, and a lovely honey and we should all send him kisses by express
mail.  for no particular reason, just cause he's such a cutiepie (as amanda
will surely verify with "proof" soon) and it's always fun to send letters.
and of course the list will get bitchy at times, there are over 500 people,
and some are bound to be poopieheads.  but when i think of all the loverly,
marvelous people here, i get all happy.  plus i know how to use my delete
button and do, often.  sure some postings are dull to some people, i
particularly don't care at all for music history, but oh well.  there are
plenty of lovely posts from the known posters whose writings i look for,
and others by new listees who are quite amusing.  so really, i don't see
the point of worrying.

oh, one more thing, i expect more ink polaroids of the kids meeting up in
london this weekend!!!  and for those listees who are new or a little shy,
please post and come to the meet ups.  they're happening all over the world
(on two continents at least) and i know that we aren't cliquish people and
always ready to meet new and lovely belle and sebastian fans!

xox
megan

mkl206 at is8.nyu.edu

visit the magnetic fields web page at: