Sinister: Two Arms Two Legs and a Head

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 27 09:22:22 GMT 1998

Windy Peephole Miller wrote :

>Subject: RE: Sinister: Seeing Other People's

>Christopher Alexander Leonard revealed:

>>I went to a public toilet the other day.  I was standing at the urinal taking >>care of the matter in hand, and two urinals along there was an old jakey >>bloke taking care of his matter in hand

>Thank you Christopher. This is the kind of thing I'd like to see more of on
>the list. How about if every member of the list goes to their nearest public
>lavatory and waits around until something interesting happens? Don't worry
>if you're shy, some of them have helpful little peepholes drilled in the
>doors so no one will know that you're there. If we all do this I'm sure the
>results will put the PE / Big Tackle thread in the shade. In the likely
>event of seeing someone "at it" the lucky listee should burst out of their
>hiding place (if they have chosen to go undercover) and award the person in
>question a Crackerjack pencil and ask them what is the Meaning of True Pop.
>That way we can all kill two birds with one stone:- we get a toilet-related
>anecdote and another piece to put in the Great Pop Jigsaw to boot. Hey
>presto!

I knew a bloke who went to Nigeria to live in January.  For some reason he thought it would be some sort of milestone to use every public toilet in Exeter in the seated position in the weeks preceding his departure.  A truly remarkable feat only just managed when he enlisted my help to ensure there were none he had missed....that is to say any public toilets he missed rather than he missed the bowl.

I guess that's what you call a big job well done.

God I'm old enough to know better.

Adrian.