No subject

Matthew Neimark mneimark at xxx.com
Fri Mar 27 16:18:26 GMT 1998

>Subject: Sinister: Maybe Northy was right ...Right you lot.
>I'd really like to have something nice to say, but unfortunately
idon't.
>Paul has done the most fantastic job possible with this list and i
think
>it's an insult to him as to how we are all using it at present.
>Of course people are going to have differing opinions and of course
>people are going to want to air said opinions, but we should all do as
>Paul suggests and "pause for 10 seconds and think of cliff before
>hitting that send button".

Unfortunately, the biggest problem with the B&S list is that there is
nothing going on with B&S.  It will be some time before the records are
released and the gigging starts.  That said, other than the occassional
radio sessions (I really wanna hear "Wrong Love"), there is nothing for
us to do except twiddle our thumbs and have the occassional picnic.

That said, Paul said we should talk about our lives.  My life involves
pop music which involves bands other than B&S.  On tuesday, I did a
radio show on a college station in Boston (WMBR Cambridge) called
Breakfast of Champions (named either after the cereal Wheaties or the
Kurt Vonnegut novel).  I played lots of indie pop including Belle and
Sebastian (You made me Forget my dreams) and bands the list talks about
(Stone Roses, Biff Bang Pow, the Jasmine Minks).

Yesterday, I did another radio show called Ma Petite Pamplemousse where
I played  mostly french (Serge Gainsbourg, Francoise Hardy, Louis
Philippe), cheesy french (Vanessa Paradis, Veronique Sasson) or wannabe
french (Cat's Miaow, Velocette, Jane Birkin, Baby Birkin, Luna's version
of Bonnie & Clyde, Dutronc).  I did manage a petit scottish set (Adv. in
Stereo, Belle and Sebastian, and  Primal Scream).

Ummm...today I'll see Grease hopefully with my girlfriend (if it isn't
sold out).  Our company is doing well (4 million in financing --- I know
I know boo to the business world).  It's 80 degrees and beautiful.  Life
is good.

Matt